FREIGHTSPOT is dedicated to protecting the confidentiality and privacy of information entrusted to us. We as a company comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- How do we collect data and the Scope of collecting private data.
The Scope of collecting personal data from our clients/ suppliers is for offering our services to them, thus their satisfaction.
We collect personal data in different ways through our website, applications or through interactions with you.
Directly. We obtain personal data directly from individuals in a variety of ways including when you provide us with a business card, complete our online forms, subscribe to our newsletters/reports, purchase or subscribe to a product or service, request marketing to be sent to you, apply for a job, attend meetings or events we host, visit our offices, provide us with feedback or contact us. We may also obtain personal data directly when, for example, we are establishing a business relationship, performing professional services through a contract or through our hosted software applications.
Indirectly. We obtain personal data indirectly about individuals from a variety of sources, including recruitment services and our clients. We may attach personal data to our customer relationship management records to better understand and serve our business clients, subscribers and individuals, satisfy a legal obligation or pursue our legitimate interests.
- Kind of Data we do collect
Contact details (e.g. name, company name, job title, , gender, work and mobile telephone numbers, billing address, VAT Number, email address both professional and personal email and postal address).
Professional details (e.g. job and career history, educational background and professional memberships). For our suppliers we may ask the following information: Car vehicle ID No, lorry driver ID, vehicle service report, car certifications, and technical inspections.
Transaction Data (e.g. details about payments, bank account number).
CCTV at our sites may collect images of visitors. Door logs and visitor passes may collect images and personal data such as name and email address.
Photographs (eg for our supplier- lorry driver we may ask photographs for their lorry).
Sensitive personal data. We typically do not collect sensitive or special categories of personal data about individuals.
- What happens if you fail to provide personal data to us
If you fail to provide personal data that we need to perform a contract with you then we may not be able to provide you with the services offered to you. We will notify you when this is the case.
- Share personal data with third parties
We do not share personal data with third parties.
- How long do we retain personal data
We will not keep your personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose for which we use it. Unless a different time frame applies as a result of business need or specific legal, regulatory or contractual requirements, where we retain personal data in accordance with these uses, we retain personal data for ten (10) years. We will dispose of personal data in a secure manner when we no longer need it.
- What are your data protection rights
By law you have certain additional privacy rights. These are to:
Have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Have your data erased (the right to be forgotten) in certain circumstances – e.g. where it is no longer needed by us the purpose for which it was collected or you have withdrawn your consent. Please note however, that in certain circumstances, we may not be able to comply with your request of erasure for legal reasons. If this is the case, we will notify you at the time you request erasure.
- Restrict the use of your data in certain circumstances e.g. where you have told us the data is inaccurate and we are in the process of checking this. In such circumstances we will continue to store your data but will not process it further until we have checked and confirmed whether the data is inaccurate;
- object to the processing of your detain certain circumstances – e.g. you may object to processing of your data for direct marketing purposes;
- object to decisions being taken by automated means; and
- to withdraw your consent at any time to processing where we are relying on consent as the lawful basis – e.g. to receiving marketing communications. Please note if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products and services to you – We will let you know if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Personal data security
We have put appropriate technical and organizational security policies and procedures in place to protect personal data (including sensitive personal data) from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. We aim to ensure that access to your personal data is limited only to those who need to access it. Those individuals who have access to the data are required to maintain the confidentiality of such information. We may apply pseudonymisation, de-identification and anonymisation techniques in efforts to further protect personal data.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Cookies that we use
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. Please refer at your browser instructions on how to deleting cookies.
For any queries please do not hesitate to conduct us, email: email@example.com